What Needs Repairs? Software, Hardware or Malware?
Generally speaking, faults break down into two basic categories: Software Related Faults and Hardware Related Faults.
Software related faults take place while the operating system is running and can have a detrimental impact on the system performance, slowing it down and often causing it to regularly crash. We’ve all heard of malware, which is basically intrusive software files created by hackers for a variety of reasons, but usually to either gather sensitive data, mess with the operating system of its target or gain access.
Under the banner of malware fall other terms such as worms, Trojan horses, viruses and spyware. As such, malware is responsible for a lot of software related faults and if you really want to fix these faults it’s worth dropping Nerds 2 You a line so one of our technicians can wipe the bad bugs from your system.
Hardware related faults occur as a result of problems with system accessories such as the monitor screen, the keyboard, motherboard, charging ports. The faults are generally to do with the physical makeup of your system and come from wear and tear, age and also where damage occurs.
Again, rather than turn to an online “guru” or DIY know-it-all your best bet to ensure that whatever is wrong with your device is correctly rectified is to give us a call or fill out the online enquiry form.
Computer services and computer repairs in Dianella
For fast, friendly, and competent PC repairs or services in the Dianella area, you won’t find better than Nerds2You. Our name says everything about us, because if you need it, we really will send some nerds to you to help with any kind of computer problem you might be facing.
The big difference in our computer repairs service is that we know not everyone is a nerd with an encyclopaedic knowledge of computers. When you bring your computer to us, the standout feature of our service that you will notice is we take the time to explain things clearly. That means you won’t need to be an expert to understand what’s needed to get your PC performing how you want.
Our services include:
- Data recovery
- Computer repairs
- Windows repairs
- Mac repairs
- Remote support
- Software setup & support
As well as many other services to ensure you can focus on your business while we focus on the technology.
Dianella computer repairs with nerds that come to you
Naturally one of the best reasons to choose Nerds2You is that you don’t need to put in a lot of effort to get your computer fixed. Just a phone call or email, and we’ll send over a nerd or two right away.
That’s got to be a lot better than unplugging all the cables and gizmos from your computer, lugging it out to the car, driving all the way across town, unloading it and bringing it into the shop, realizing you forgot some important part and driving home to retrieve it… You don’t need to do any of that with us, because we’ll come right to you and fix your computer right there on the spot in your own home or office.
PC builds that suit your needs the best
It’s not always about fixing something that’s broken. Sometimes you just want to get the best computer you can afford, for better value than something you can buy off the shelf. It’s all part of the service at Nerds2You. We can build your dream machine and configure it just the way you want.
When you buy or upgrade a computer with us, you are investing in speed, reliability, and terrific value.
We can remove viruses and ransomware from your computer
The only thing more annoying than a computer virus is a specially adapted computer virus that extorts money from you. Ransomware is a massive problem that affects thousands of computer users every year.
If you are running the Microsoft Windows operating system or the Apple OSX operating system, you could be vulnerable to viruses and should install antivirus software to protect your computer.
The big mistake most people make is that they believe antivirus software is complete protection, when it’s really not. New viruses are being developed much faster than the antivirus industry can keep up with, and no antivirus system is 100% effective against 100% of viruses.
Proper preparation involves not only having antivirus installed, but also using a firewall, updating software to correct known vulnerabilities, and keeping a backup of all important data.
For those times where despite all the precautions you may have taken in advance, your PC still gets infected, we can fix the problem for you.
Our services include data recovery
Sooner or later, all HDDs wear out. They can also fail for many different reasons. When it happens, most people think their data is lost forever, but that’s not always the case. It might just be possible to salvage it. If you’ve lost some data that is very important, we can try to get it back for you.
This is one service where we’ll need to take away the HDD to work on it, because data recovery is a big operation that can take a lot of time. If the drive was encrypted, it will take even longer to recover data from it due to the encryption.
Parts of a computer that most often need fixing
Any part of a computer can fail, but some parts have a much higher failure rate than others. This will especially be the case with the majority of brand name computers that are bought from retailers, because the goal for manufacturers is usually to build things as quickly and cheaply as possible.
The parts that appear to be the most vulnerable to damage are:
- Laptop screens – these fail really often, and replacing them is a delicate operation. Screen problems aren’t always caused by damage to the screen itself. The problem could also originate from the inverter or the graphics card. Symptoms of laptop screen damage include dead pixels, flickering screen, colour bleeding, and a pulsing or surging display.
- Laptop keyboards – they are easy and inexpensive to replace, so throwing away your whole laptop just because of a keyboard problem would be wasteful.
- Laptop screen hinges – cheaper laptops (and even some expensive ones) often have flimsy hinges that break too easily. Usually happens at the worst possible time, such as when you’re travelling and really need your computer to be working.
- Power supply units – the PSU is a part that doesn’t get thought about very much, but it’s really vital. Manufacturers who use cheap PSUs in their system builds are gambling on the PSU surviving the warranty period. Unfortunately a failing PSU can sometimes take down other system components with it.
- Motherboard – the motherboard, also sometimes called “main board”, is the big central board that all the other components plug in to.
- RAM modules – these are removable memory modules. They are notoriously delicate and fail easily for many possible reasons. Fortunately they’re usually inexpensive to replace or upgrade. RAM modules on SBC cards and some netbooks can’t be replaced because they’re soldered directly onto the motherboard.
- Hard Disk Drives – usually abbreviated to HDD, damage most often comes from wear and tear, or from oversupply of voltage.
- Central Processing Unit (CPU) – the brain of the computer. The most usual reason for damage is overheating, often because the cooling system failed first.
Call us for the best Dianella repair service
We are a reliable computer repair business that provides quick results and on-site service. If you need computer repairs, call Nerds2You.
Here is what we can do for you:
- Computer services that include protecting your computer from viruses with remote monitoring. We make sure that your computer is guarded against external viruses and unauthorised attempts to get into your computer.
- Computer repairs for both hardware and software, making sure that computer parts are fixed and software is working properly. If the computer parts are not working, replacement parts will be ordered.
- Computer support for Windows and Mac computers.
- Computer repairs done remotely or in person. We will drive out to your location to help you solve your computer problems or perform computer repairs.
- Support for both business computers and PCs, whether your computer is in the workplace or at home.
- Computer hardware upgrades will be recommended from time-to-time and we will order the computer upgrades as necessary.
- Computer purchases which we can handle for you and perform our computer services on so they reach you with the proper protection from the start.
- Make sure that your computer repairs & services are priced honestly so you don’t pay more than you need.
We Have The Best Computer Services In Dianella
Nerds 2 You caters to any and all issues from email setup to data recovery, spyware/malware removal, cloud backup solutions Apple Mac and laptop repairs. Dianella and Perth natives have received a first class professional service to date that has made us the go-to choice for those who value their devices and want to see them restored back to their former glory.
It’s very easy to get in touch and once you fill in an online query form we will get started immediately by generating a free quotation. If however you cannot access the Internet or are facing an urgent deadline, don’t worry, just give Nerds 2 You a call at (08) 64449674 and the very best computer services Dianella has to offer will have you back on track in no time.
Nerds 2 You provides personal & affordable Data Recovery services, Computer Cleanup & Tuning, Virus & Spyware Removal, Computers Upgrades & Repairs & Business Maintenance & Support services.
– Read Less